Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's in the stars

-"Tremendous internal changes, intense effort, relentless determination, compulsive and irrational drives, and strong assertion of your will are the key issues during this time period. "

-"Balance your aggression so that you don't take your frustration out on others. Focus it on your goals."

Horoscopes make me laugh. I don’t “believe” in them, but I enjoy reading them. These particular two in the past week have made me chuckle.

I especially love the “compulsive and irrational drives” part of the first one. Ha. Indeed. All of my compulsive behaviors are pretty irrational anyway. I sure do love to organize things (even more excited when I can organize by color!) and I need things to be clean and orderly or I have a hard time functioning and focusing. Checklists and I are good friends.

Intense effort and relentless determiniation. Yup, all folks training for the IM have these too. Every time I hope in the pool I think about my own effort. I didn’t swim until January, now I’m about to tackle 2.4 miles. Determination to drag my behind out of bed at 4 am so I can train before the temps hit 110. I’m not sure what I did to piss off Mother Nature so much. Temps soar toward 100 through the end of October and then the first weekend of November, temperatures are in the 40s when I wake up to train? Not ok!

I’m the first one to admit I have a hot temper. Focus my aggression on my goals? The 6-7 hour bike rides have helped with that. It’s a lot easier to push those pedals up the hill if I’m thinking about the bazillion of things that piss me off. ;)

What do the stars have in store for tomorrow? Oh geeze. . .

-"You might focus on romance today, but it's possible that you're having problems figuring out a way to express your feelings. There's power influencing the scene, and certainly no shortage of passion. You might find that there's a bit of superficiality to the situation that makes it hard to commit with all of your energy."

Well there is certainly no time for this silliness! Back to my color-coded checklist to organize my gear and day-of necessities.

No comments:

Post a Comment