Sunday, November 6, 2011

This time, in two weeks. . .

This time, in two weeks, I hope to be nearing the finish line. THE FINISH LINE.

I can’t believe the Ironman is less than two weeks away. HOLY COW.

One after another my friends and family members ask if I’m ready. I DON”T KNOW! My answer is yes. Yes, I am ready. I have no choice but to be ready.

Sure, if I had more time I could be more ready. If I had more time, I would spend it swimming around in the chilled open water (with and without a wetsuit). If I had more time, I would make better nutrition decisions and be 20 pounds lighter. If I had more time, I would run faster and longer. If I had more time, I would sleep more. If I had more time, I would continue to find something else I could do to be more ready.

But, I don't have more time. I have to be ok with what I have done to this point and what I can do to finish out the training. I can't think about a few of the crappy workouts or the poor food choices. I can't think about how the lake was closed AGAIN and I have yet to swim in Tempe Town Lake wearing a wetsuit.

What can I do in the next two weeks to make sure I am as ready as possible? I’ll finish out my training plan of course. I am going to make more nutritious food choices (it’s written here, I must do it!). I am going to print out my check lists and get all of my gear in order. I will let people help me (this might be the hardest one of all!).

2 comments:

  1. You ARE ready! You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From here on out, it's all mental. It's probably the most important Training of all. Prepare mental strategies to get through the next few weeks and race day. If you want to talk to my cousin who's on his 4th ironman for tips, let me know. You'll be awesome and what a freaking amazing accomplishment! ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete